To attempt the path described here, a foundation of knowledge should be consumed. A list of works is mentioned below – some are recommended and others are optional. These works are an advisable set of lectures and wisdom to build from.
Most of these works are practical in nature (such as Thrangu Rinpoche’s) and others are more informational. They provide a solid understanding of the concepts of karma, emptiness, meditational practices, spiritual practices and the nature of mind and thus the nature of reality.
- “Power of Now” by Eckhart Tolle (Listen to the audible version regularly – every core spiritual concept is discussed)
- The works of Thrangu Rinpoche (examples below)
- “A Witches Book of Silence” by Karina BlackHart
- The nature of the book goes beyond witchcraft and can be useful for any spiritual path
- Dealing with silence of the path
- Dealing with how to relate to a teacher/student
- Concerns and things to be careful of on the path
- The works of Trungpa Rinpoche (examples below)
- Tao Te Ching (I recommend one memorize one chapter a week from the Tao Te Ching)
- “Breath Sweeps Mind” by Jakusho Kwon-roshi
- “Samadhi” (Vol. 1 and 2 by Daniel Schmidt) – Although not a book, these videos hit to the core of spirituality that overlap my own feelings and discoveries
Optional Reading / Studies
Books listed here have some gems, and some baggage. One must read these like eating fish, watch for the bones and remove them before ingesting the meat.
- Quareia – As a school of magick, it appears to be very level headed and it’s very open & free https://www.quareia.com
- Hagakure (“Code of the Samurai” by Clearly)
- Higher Balance Institute teachings on “Feels-Like” (examples below):
- Stoic Philosophy